With the port strike entering its second week and costing the nation’s economy nearly a billion dollars a day, American made products look better than ever. U.S. manufacturers offer fast, reliable delivery of quality products like the Clipa purse hanger. As the cargo ships pile up in the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach–where an estimated 40% of all product enters the U.S.–it’s worth remembering that gifts made here keep jobs here.
The July 2012 issue of The Nationalist Magazine features an article on the Top 20 Products Made in America. Coming in at number 7 is the Clipa purse hanger. This sleek handbag accessory has been tested to last for 10 years of daily use as well as independently lab tested to hold far more than its stated weight of 45 lbs. Made from certified sources, Clipa’s clever design is gaining fans worldwide while supporting American jobs.
At a time when 70% of American jewelry production and 97% of American clothing production is done overseas, we’re making Clipa here in the USA. Here’s why:
1. Better quality control. Because we’re in the premium accessory business, our products must meet the highest quality standards. By producing locally, we have control at every step in the process.
2. Improved lead times to customers and stores. Because transit times are quicker, our handbag hangers get to stores faster. Instead of spending time on a container ship, they’re on store shelves.
3. Lower shipping costs. Because we have lower shipping costs, we pass that savings on to customers. On average, shipping costs just $3.25 for a single online order. Buy 3 and it ships free anywhere in the U.S.
4. Reducing the carbon footprint. Because there are no containers crossing oceans or wait times in harbors burning fossil fuels, our carbon footprint is lower.
5. Keeping jobs in the U.S. By manufacturing at our facility in Irvine, California, we’re employing local workers. People like Maribel, our manufacturing lead, who oversees production. Carrie, our graphic designer. And Abigail, assembling our newest line, the Crystal Clipa Collection. Whether its manufacturing, customer service, sales, marketing, distribution or design, it happens here in Orange County, California. And that helps our local economy. Doing what we believe is right means doing it in the USA. We greatly appreciate your support.